The Department of Children & Youth Affairs (DCYA) will open the Learner Fund Bursary for Childminders who are registered with Tusla and hold a Level 5 or Level 6 award on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ). The local City/County Childcare Committees (CCCs) will process and appraise the Learner Fund Bursary for Childminder applications.
- A DCYA reference number is required. If the applicant does not have a DCYA reference number, they will need to make an application for a DCYA reference number using the ‘DCYA Reference Number for Learner Fund Bursary for Childminders’ application form. When complete this form must be submitted to the local CCC.
- The qualification for which the bursary is paid must be on the DCYA Early Years Recognised Qualifications list.
- The award must be placed at level 5 or Level 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) and achieved in the academic years 2013 to 2019 inclusive.
- The bursary amount will be €750.
- The qualification must be a full, major award; the bursary will not be paid in respect of partially completed awards.
- The qualification for which the bursary is paid must be that which qualifies the person to work in the Early Years sector.
- Applicants may only apply once and cannot be granted the Learner Fund for a second time if they have already received it before. This includes applicants that may have received a Learner Fund grant in another round of Learner Fund in previous years where the applicant may have previously worked in a centre-based setting.
- The applicant cannot have received any public funding in support of their completing the award relating to this application.
- Applicants must be currently registered with Tusla.
- Late or incomplete applications; will not be accepted.
- Decision of the CCC is final and cannot be appealed.
- The Learner Fund Bursary for Childminders will be available for Childminder applications in 2020.
All forms must be fully completed and returned BY POST OR BY HAND to Cork City Childcare no later than 5PM on Friday 27th September 2019.